Are you not able to install a new Microsoft Windows 10 update? Are you repeatedly being offered the similar update you installed previously on your Windows 10, or an explicit update is not installed and flaunt error message? These are regular problems that Windows 10 users face during installing procedure.
Old or new Windows 10 Operating Systems in spite of being broadly used, still create nuisance sometimes. Below are the basic and simple steps that will help you fix your problems:
Reinstall Windows 10 Update:
- Uninstall the earlier Windows 10 Update.
- Open your web browser and go to Microsoft official website to install the latest Windows 10 Update.
- Install and save the update to C: directory
- Click on the ‘Start’ button, click on ‘Run’.
- When the window appears, type in C: WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe/wuforce and click ‘Enter’ on the keyboard. This will reinstall the Windows 10 Update even if there already present an earlier Windows 10 Agent copy on the hard drive.
- When the installation is done, reboot your PC.
Missing wups2.dll file in Windows 10:
If the genuine Windows 10 installation CD has no wups2.dll file, it would cause issue in downloading updates. You will require re-registering the wups2.dll file to get rid of such issues. Follow the below mentioned steps:
- First, halt the Automatic Updates service, for doing this tap on the ‘Start’ menu> and click on ‘Run’.
- When the ‘Run’ window pops up; enter ‘cmd’ in the box, and click on ‘OK’ or press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard.
- When the black command prompt box appears, type ‘net stop wuauserv’ and press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard. This will block the ‘Automatic Updates service’ that is needed to register the file.
- Do not close the command prompt window and enter in ‘regsvr32 %windir%system32wups2.dll’ and press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard.
- If you have Windows XP Professional x64 edition, then enter in ‘regsvr32 %windir%syswow64wups2.dll’ in the command prompt window and press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard.
- Press on ‘OK’ on every verification message that appears. This will simply register the wups2.dll file.
- Enter ‘net start wuauserv’ and hit ‘Enter’ on the keyboard. This will begin the ‘Automatic Updates service’.
- Close the command prompt window by clicking on the ‘X’ button at the extreme top right corner.
Look for the Windows 10 Update Troubleshooter:
- Press the ‘Start’ menu> tab on ‘All Programs’> click on ‘Windows Update’ or ‘Microsoft Update’ whichever is present.
- On the Microsoft/Windows Update site, tap on the ‘Review your update history’. This will display the list of all the updates that already present on your PC.
- Click on the ‘Status’ tab and look for the failed update, and then close the window.
- When a new window comes up, note down the installation error number/code as you will require this to paste in the search box to fix the issue.
- Click on the ‘Find Solutions’ option in the similar window.
- Enter in or copy and paste the same error number in the ‘Type keywords here’ box in the Microsoft/Windows Update window, and enter on ‘Search’
- If the search bar shows up any suggestions, try searching the links and move on to fix the issue.
- Search the error code, if the search results come up with anything, follow the links and fix the issue.
- If nothing appears in the search bar, then go for the Windows 10 Technical Support
- Change Browser Settings:
- It may be possible that the Microsoft’s website is not added to the list of your browser’s protected websites. You can change your browser’s settings to overcome this issue.
For Mozilla Firefox:-
For Internet Explorer:
- Click on the Internet Explorer window; press on the ‘Tools’ tab.
- Tap on ‘Internet Options’ from the drop-down list.
- When the window appears, press on the ‘Security’ tab, press on the ‘Trusted Sites’ option, and then press on the ‘Sites’ button.
- When the window pops up, enter Microsoft official website in the box that says ‘Add this website to the zone’ and tap on ‘Add’. If you want to add more websites, carry on, or else click on ‘Close’ to exit the window.
It is important to install Microsoft Windows 10, updates so as to keep your Operating System updated. These updates can be anything from significant files or definitions that fix program issues or safety flaws to Operating System patch ups. Further, the updates permit enhanced interoperability among the OS and other programs or hardware such as drivers, router respectively.